Story update: The video below sparked litigation threats and denials from the Koch-supported Americans for Prosperity. We produced a short video that knocks down their lies.
You can see more Koch Brothers Exposed videos and take action against the Koch brothers at our new homepage, but this action is closed.
- After the November 2009 elections, the Wake County school board dismantled socio-economic diverse schools and began to implement a neighborhood schools plan that would resegregate schools.
- Resegregation in schools would be a disaster. It would turn back the clock fifty years with the creation of high poverty, racially isolated schools. The integration plan destroyed by Koch-supported board of education members was used as a model for high achieving, diverse schools throughout the country.
- This October 2011, Wake Country elections will decide if schools become resegregated. Koch-supported candidates are still pushing for neighborhood schools and to end diversity.
- The Koch brothers free market, libertarian ideology rests on privatization in society, especially the privatization of education.
- The Kochs founded Americans for Prosperity in 2004, and AFP indirectly poured hundreds of thousands of dollars into the Wake County school board elections and helped jeopardize the diversity policy.